Serve these yummy meatballs as an appetizer or main dish.
- One small onion, diced
- 1 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/4 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 pound ground beef, preferably grassfed
- 2 tablespoons palm shortening or coconut oil
- 1/4 cup beef stock or water
- 15 oz can organic tomato sauce, no salt added
- 2 tablespoons raw honey
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons worcestershire sauce, (gluten free)
Mix onion and spices in a bowl. Add ground beef and mix well. Shape into small meatballs. In a skillet, melt shortening and brown meatballs. Drain shortening. Combine water, tomato sauce, honey, chili powder and worcestershire sauce and pour over meatballs. Bring to a boil, then cover and simmer for 35-40 minutes.
Entered in Real Food Wednesday at Kelly the Kitchen Kop