If you don’t have time to prepare an entree and side dishes, consider this meal. It includes healthy fat, veggies and protein. I like using round steak to save a little money.
- 2 pounds round steak, preferably grassfed
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 large zucchini, cut into slices
- 1 can sliced mushrooms, drained
- 14 oz can of diced stewed tomatoes
- 1/4 cup tomato sauce
Preheat oven to 325. Saute onion in olive oil in large skillet until soft. Stir in spices, tomato sauce, zucchini, mushrooms, and stewed tomatoes. Grease baking dish and lay round steak in bottom. Top with veggie mixture. Cover and bake for one hour and fifteen minutes or until tender. Let sit for 10 minutes before slicing.